ดร. อรอุมา ธรรมผล
Faculty of Nursing Science, Assumption University, Hua Mak, Bangkapi, Bangkok, 10240, Thailand
Tel 662-3004543-62 Ext 3509
Doctor of Philosophy, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Canada
Master of Nursing (Aging specialization), Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Canada
Bachelor of Nursing Science (Second Class Honor), Faculty of Nursing Science, Assumption University, Thailand
2018 Registered Nurse, Thailand Nursing and Midwifery Council
2009-present: Faculty lecturer, Faculty of Nursing Science, Assumption University, Thailand
2016-2019: Research Assistant ePRO Kidney Realist Synthesis funded by Kidney Foundation of Canada, Allied Health Research Grant, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Canada
2015-2018: Graduate Research Assistant, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Canada
2009: Registered Nurse, Vibhavadi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
2008-2009: Registered Nurse, Chulabhorn Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
2018 Trainee Advisory Committee, Women and Children’s Health Research Institute (WCHRI), Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2012/2-2018/8 Interpreter and cultural broker of Multicultural Health Brokers Co-op, Edmonton, Canada
2018/4 Mu Sigma Chapter Education Scholarship, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Canada
2018/3 Helen E Penhale Graduate Research Travel Award, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta
2017/11 Dr Christine Newburn-Cook International Graduate Award in Nursing
2017/9 Graduate Tuition Remission Award Winner, Faculty of Nursing
2017/9 Graduate Travel Award, Graduate Student Association, University of Alberta
2017/2 Graduate Travel Award, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, University of Alberta
2016/6 Mu Sigma Research Award
2016/5 Graduate Travel Award, Graduate Student Association, University of Alberta
2011 South Edmonton Lioness Club Scholarship in Nursing, University of Alberta
2011 International Student Award, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta
2008 Outstanding Performance on Academic and University Activities Award, Assumption University
2008 Graduation with Second Class Honor, Assumption University
2004 – 2008 Assumption University Scholarship Award (Bachelor’s Degree)
2016/2 Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (Mu Chapter)
2015/9 International Institute for Qualitative Methodology (IIQM) Member Scholar
2012 Alberta Association on Gerontology
2008 The Nurses’ Association of Thailand
- Schick-Makaroff, K., Levay, A., Thompson, S., Flynn, R., Sawatzky, R., Thummapol, O., Klarenbach, S., Karimi-Dehkordi, M., & Greenhalgh, J. (2019). The current state of the field on patient-reported outcomes in chronic kidney disease (PRO Kidney): A realist synthesis. Poster to be presented at the Canadian Society of Nephrology, Annual General Meeting, Montreal, QC, May 3 & 4, 2019 (Schick-Makaroff presented).
- Thummapol, O., Park, T., & Barton, S. (2018). Reflections from Fieldwork Experiences in Rural and Northern Thailand: Methodological Challenges. Qualitative Methods Conference, May 1-3, 2018, Banff, Alberta, Canada. Oral (Thummapol presented).
- Thummapol, O., Park, T., & Barton, S. (2017). Making a Difference: A Scoping Review of Indigenous Women’s Access to Health Care Services in Asia. The 31st Margaret Scott Wright Research Day, November 3, 2017, Edmonton, Canada. Oral presentation (Thummapol presented).
- Thummapol, O., Barton, S., & Park, T. (2017). Perspectives of Thai Indigenous Women on Health Service Accessibility: What Did the Data Reveal? WCHRI (Women and Children Health Research Institute)'s 10th Annual Research Day, October 25, 2017. Poster (Thummapol presented).
- Thummapol, O., Barton, S., & Park, T. (2017). The Healthcare Access Experiences of Indigenous Women Living in Northern and Rural Thailand. The 23rd Annual Qualitative Health Research (QHR) Conference, October 17-19, 2017, Quebec, Canada. Poster (Thummapol presented).
- Barton, S., Milford, K., McBride, D., Letourneau, N., Mallioux, & Thummapol, O. (2016). Cultural Transitions in Rural and Northern Canada: Finding Solutions through New Care Directions for Women Experiencing Intimate Partner Violence. International Collaboration for Community Health Nursing Research (ICCHNR) International Symposium, Sept 15 & 16, 2016, Canterbury, UK. Poster (Barton presented, Awarded Best Poster out of 58 posters).
- Thummapol, O. (2014). The Selected Review and Analysis of Older Adult Community Programs: A Focus on Determinant of Active Aging as an Outcomes. The second International Physical Therapy Conference& the 2nd Physical Therapy Mahidol University Research Symposium 2014, Bangkok Thailand. Oral presentation
- Barton, S., Hungler, K., Brochu, B., McBride, D., Letourneau, N., & Thummapol, O. (2013). Creating a Rural and Northern Community Response Action Plan for Intimate Partner Violence across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and NWT. The 27th Annual Margaret Scott Wright Research Day, Nov 2013, Edmonton, AB (Poster presented by Barton)
- Barton, S., Hungler, K., & Thummapol, O. (2013). Locating Qualitative Analysis in a Community University Research Alliance Focused on Intimate Partner Violence. Oct 2013, Halifax, Nova Scotia. (Oral paper presented by Barton).
2018-06-04 Annual General Meeting, Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (Mu Sigma Chapter), “Reflections on a PhD Journey and Research Experience,” Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Award Recipient)
2018-02-12 Tenure Track and Faculty Lecturer Caucuses, “The value of doing a PhD in nursing,” Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta (Student Voice Representative)
2017-11-03 The 31st Margaret Scott Wright Research Day, ‘Who or what inspires your research?’, The Westin Hotel, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Panelist)
- Schick-Makaroff, K., Levay, A., Thompson, S., Flynnn, R., Sawatzky, R. Thummapol, O., Klarenbach, S., Karimi-Dehkordi, M., & Greenhalgh, J. (2021). An Evidence-Based Theory About PRO Use in Kidney Care: A Realist Synthesis. The Patient - Patient-Centered Outcomes Research. doi.org/10.1007/s40271-021-00530-2.
- Srithumsuk, W., Prachusilpa, G., Thummapol, O., Kasemsuk, W. (2021). A study of home health care nursing outcomes quality indicators for older persons in Thailand using Delphi technique. Home Healthcare Now, 39(3), 154-159. doi: 10.1097/NHH.0000000000000956
- Srithumsuk, W., & Thummapol, O. (2020). Home blood pressure monitoring: nurses’ role for hypertension control management in patients’ receiving antihypertensive medication. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses, 21(1), 35-45. https://he01.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/JRTAN/article/view/220472
- Schick-Makaroff, K., Thummapol, O., Thompson, S., Flynn, R., Karimi-Dehkordi, M., Klarenbach, S., Sawatzky, R., & Greenhalgh, J. (2019). Strategies for incorporating patient-reported outcomes in the care of people with chronic kidney disease (PRO kidney): Protocol for a realist synthesis. BMC Systematic Review, 8(20), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13643-018-0911-6
- Thummapol, O., Park, T., Jackson, M., & Barton, S. (2019). Methodological challenges faced in doing research with vulnerable women: Reflections from fieldwork experiences. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 18, 1-10. doi: 10.1177/1609406919843022
- Thummapol, O., Barton, S., & Park, T. (2018). Healthcare access experiences among Indigenous women in northern rural Thailand: A focused ethnography study. Central Asian Journal of Global Health, 7(1), doi: 10.5195/cajgh.2018.328
- Thummapol, O., Park, T., & Barton, S. (2018). Exploring health services accessibility by Indigenous women in Asia and identifying actions to improve it: A scoping review. Ethnicity & Health, 1-20. doi.org/10.1080/13557858.2018.1470607